I’m afraid this post may only apply to students/young people…but please still feel free to have a read. (For those of you who are slightly older, perhaps you could share anything you learned about saving money?)
Just thought I’d share with you the top 10 money saving tips to help you keep tight hold of your money & not have yourself question where it’s gone…
Some of these tips might seem like common sense… but you may realise just how many do actually bare relevance to you as an individual! Take note & I hope your money goes further… 🙂
- Go to your lectures!!! (may sound silly, but after all, YOU are the one paying for them so skipping class is just wasted money being thrown away!)
- When you go out for food, drink water!! 1, it’s free & 2, it’s better for you than pop or alcohol..
- Shop where student discount applies…think of the pennies you’ll be saving on over time!
- Go food shopping with friends – splitting the cost is always going to be cheaper than buying a heap load of food for yourself.
- See what your university campus has to offer for you in hobbies or course related events…something to occupy your time that will most likely be free rather than spending to go out.
- Don’t buy brand new text books, get them second hand or simply borrow off someone if you only need it for a short period of time.
- Lastly – DON’T GO FOOD SHOPPING WHEN YOU’RE HUNGRY!!! (Very bad idea) Everything will seem like a good idea & you will want to buy everything in sight!
Hope these tips help you slightly! 🙂
Check out these other helpful tips on this website – MoneySavingTips